Safety in the Centre
You are in safe hands during your visit to the Cavan Centre
- All staff and volunteers are Garda vetted in line with national standards.
- Our Youth and Community Workers are qualified to national standards for all activities they deliver.
- Ratios set down by national governing bodies are strictly adhered to in the delivery of activities.
- Activity programmes and physical resources are continually risk assessed by the Centre’s Health and Safety team in line with the Cavan Centre’s Safety Statement.
- In the interest of safety certain activities may be unavailable, if weather conditions are unfavourable.
- The Centre requires that safety regulations in place, including the wearing of safety equipment, are adhered to by visiting groups.
- The Centre has full Public Liability insurance cover.
- It is a requirement that leaders accompany their group for the duration of activity sessions.
- All out staff are trained in First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, Remote Emergency Care & we have a Defibrillator in the Centre